THE IMITATION




PC: Du Juan

Years and years spent hiding under white wings where neither storm nor sun could touch me. I've laughed hard through tightly shut lips, and only politely tapped my feet to the wildest rhythm of life. My thoughts were echoes of the thoughts of others. Their ideas were the light I basked in, hoping that something unique would grow out of my own heart. Nothing but envy grew. The frame under your skin begins to crack the moment you uncover the lies you've been telling yourself these years and years. To be a creator is to be impelled by creation. To be a hack is to be impelled by praise.

7 comments:

  1. I am forever in awe of your writings. I've been following your blog for a long time and each and every post of yours is so powerful, sublime and prophetic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully wrought blog, images are wonderful but the words way stronger

    big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so fabulous!<3

    www.magdarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whimsical and light... I love these images. And your words are inspiring me to write! Procrastination is my enemy.

    x

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete